Shift Lead - Washington Square
Peet’s Company Overview
For 50 years, our goal has been to offer the best coffees & teas in the world, without compromise. Since 1966, we've journeyed in the pursuit of better – a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Every day, our teams strive to deliver on our company's purpose better than they did the day before. Our values – Mastery, Passion, Authenticity, Community, Ownership and Growth – guide us on this journey.
We've learned that the secret to great coffee is the people who make it, and we apply the same care in selecting and preparing our teams as we do when crafting the perfect cup.
Peet’s is currently seeking passionate Supervisors. The Shift Lead models the unwavering commitment to mastery by ensuring unequaled quality and service. They focus on daily operations of the coffeebar including and act as the Service Leader to ensure excellent customer service.
What Does it take to be a Successful Shift Lead?
• Promotes a culture of authenticity, respect, dignity and integrity.
• Inspires a shared purpose and engagement.
• Models a passion and commitment to continued success.
Delivers Operational Excellence
• Executes quality store openings and closings, troubleshoots issues and demonstrates pride in the store.
• Acts as Service Leader at times, ensuring all financial transactions as well as service standards are met.
• Champions the ongoing spirit of development and professional growth across the team.
• Supports a culture that attracts, retains and develops the highest quality Baristas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate will:
• Consistently demonstrate performance that embodies Peet’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Have one year previous experience working in a supervisory role with cash handling responsibility in the service or food industry or equivalent related experience and training.
• Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a passion for great customer service, with a customer-first and quality-focused mentality.
• Carry themselves professionally, be agile and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
• Have strong time-management and delegation skills.
• Possess good problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
• Be an excellent communicator, relating well to customers and fellow Peetniks at all levels.
• Be extremely reliable and punctual.
• Have the ability to perform various physical tasks(https://peets.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=21990&hashed=-1061912170) during the work shift.
What Benefits do Shift Leads Receive?
At Peet’s we hire the best people and are committed to supporting our employees and rewarding them for their work. That’s one of the reasons we offer the following benefits:
• Full medical, dental and vision insurance to employees who work 21 or more hours per week (following completion of 500 hours of work)
• 401(k) plan, with matching (must be 18 years or older to qualify)
• Paid vacation (accrual following completion of 500 hours of work)
• Flexible schedule
• Free coffee and fresh baked goods as well as an employee discount
• Opportunities for growth and advancement. Shift Leaders receive a pay increase after becoming a certified Barista.
Our Commitment to the Community
Beyond Coffee, Peetniks are passionate supporters of our community and serving our local communities doesn’t stop at the counter. Peet's employees take pride in supporting the neighborhoods where they live and work, thorough holiday donation programs and supporting non-profits at home and globally. We believe that Coffee thrives where people do. We support the communities where our beans are
grown, lending hands and knowledge to make life and coffee better.
Peet’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about our craft and who we are please visit our website(https://www.peets.com/).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Restaurant | restaurant manager | manager | restaurant job | restaurant employment | restaurant careers | restaurant management jobs | restaurant manager jobs | Restaurant manager careers | restaurant management job | restaurant management jobs | Restaurant manager career | Full Service Restaurant | restaurant manager | restaurant managers | general manager | assistant manager | bar manager | FOH manager | BOH manager | restaurant jobs | assistant general manager | restaurant management | restaurant management careers | Shift Leader | Lead | Shift manager | retail associate | restaurant management | manager | kitchen manager | full service | assistant manager | casual full service | assistant general manager |assistant restaurant manager | general manager | managers | restaurant managers | restaurants | restaurant |casual quick serve | catering | shift manager | QSR | quick serve | coffee| barista | cash handling | supervisor |
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/748QOGC6m84MRcOWS6jbm
Apply for this job on our website: